July 08, 2020
3:00 PM - 5:15 PM
Add to Calendar
Time Slots: 3-3:45, 3:45-4:30, 4:30-5:15
DSACO is excited to offer FREE tutoring to children (age 3+) and teens with Down syndrome. Students will be tutored by a certified Special Education teacher. When you sign your child up for a session, you have the ability to fill out an area of "focus" for our Special Education teacher to plan her lesson around.
Our teacher will use the first tutoring session with a new student as an "Assessment Session." She will analyze where the student is academically, evaluate areas of strength, and evaluate areas that need focus. She will then build upon each session with your child and track their progress. Our Special Education teacher builds an individualized learning plan for each student and incorporates dynamic, interactive learning approaches to keep each student engaged and excited to learn.
Suite playroom is closed, parents can drop off at our suite door, but will be asked to wait in their cars, or come back to pick up! Prompt pickup at the end of the session is REQUIRED. Parents are asked to wear a mask into the building and be ready to receive their kids at the front door AS SOON AS the session is over as we will not have additional volunteers to help us at transition time.
Due to the global pandemic, we have established COVID-19 guidelines to keep our participants safe. Those are as follows:
- Only 2 participants per session
- Temperature checks at the main door entrance for everyone
- Hand wash and sanitize upon entry
- Only one parent/guardian allowed to pick up and drop off
- Parents/guardians must sign a release form upon entrance
- Masks and gloves mandatory for all, except for students who have sensory issues
- Lab sanitized before by staff and between sessions
- Time slots are 45 minutes each
- Social distancing practices in place, no students within six feet of one another
- Consultations via phone still available
- Days and times set by Karin throughout the week
All volunteers and participants are required to fill out a liability waiver before entering the office. Download here: Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to COVID-19
$0.00 Slot 1: 3:00 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
$0.00 Slot 2: 3:45 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
$0.00 Slot 3: 4:30 p.m to 5:15 p.m.